Saturday, August 29, 2015

Book of Mormon Notes / Journal




I Nephi 17:20 How does our heart imagine things?"...imaginations of his (Lehi's) heart..."


I Nephi 16:29 By small means the Lord can bring about great things."...by small means the Lord can bring about great things."
Small things like: perfectly honest prayer, pure faith, common courtesies like "Thank you," a friendly handshake, an invitation to attend church or watch general conference, conducting a Stewardship Interview and holding leaders accountable for their duties, scripture study 30 minutes per day, 



I Nephi 16:24-25  Murmuring  against the Lord displeases Him, and  the Lord desires to chasten us

Lehi murmurs and the Lord chastens him for it. How does this apply to us?
24 And it came to pass that he (Lehi) did inquire of the Lord, for they had humbled themselves because of my words; for I did say many things unto them in the energy of my soul.
 25 And it came to pass that the voice of the Lord came unto my father; and he was truly chastened because of his murmuring against the Lord, insomuch that he was brought down into the depths of sorrow.


I Nephi 11:28 Jesus ministered in Power and Great Glory because.....

Nephi saw in vision Jesus "ministering unto the people in power and great glory..." Jesus displayed power and great glory because He was God, even while in the flesh, because He was born having a mortal mother and an immortal Father, even God the Father; therefore, He possessed and demonstrated great power and glory. Yet, many still didn't believe Him and cast Him out.


I Nephi 19:11 God visits people in various ways
The Lord God surely shall visit all the house of Israel at that day, some with his voice, because of their righteousness, unto their great joy and salvation, and others with the thunderings and the lightnings of his power, by tempest, by fire, and by smoke, and vapor of darkness, and by the opening of the earth, and by mountains which shall be carried up.



2 Nephi 31:11-12, 14-15 Nephi hears the voice of Jesus Christ AND God the Father

 11 And the Father said: Repent ye, repent ye, and be baptized in the name of my Beloved Son.
 12 And also, the voice of the Son came unto me, saying: He that is baptized in my name, to him will the Father give the Holy Ghost, like unto me; wherefore, follow me, and do the things which ye have seen me do.
14 But, behold, my beloved brethren, thus came the voice of the Son unto me, saying: After ye have repented of your sins, and witnessed unto the Father that ye are willing to keep my commandments, by the baptism of water, and have received the baptism of fire and of the Holy Ghost, and can speak with a new tongue, yea, even with the tongue of angels, and after this should deny me, it would have been better for you that ye had not known me.
 15 And I heard a voice from the Father, saying: Yea, the words of my Beloved are true and faithful. He that endureth to the end, the same shall be saved.


No comments:

Post a Comment